Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Baking and Breakfast Crepes



I loves me the cake decorating! It was nice making my own 21st Birthday cake. I also enjoyed making Melissa and Crystals' Aloha themed Birthday cake. Saw an adult community class offered at a High School for people interested in baking and decorating cakes. Thinking about maybe taking it. I've never taken a cake/pastry class in my life. Maybe it's about time I take one? I would love to learn how to bake and decorate cakes professionally. Not saying I would start my own business. I just want to improve. I would love to learn from the best. It's a fun hobby. My dream would actually be to study at the Institute of Culinary Education. I would study under top chefs to get my Baking and Pastry Diploma. I doubt that will ever happen, but it's okay. I don't need
to actually join a school to practice on my own. I will keep experimenting with different recipes and just try my best. I've got to buy more fondant to practice rolling and placing it on the cake. Fondant is much harder to roll than it looks. It's also not as easy placing fondant on a cake as professionals on the Food Network Channel make it look like. I have the crepes somewhat down. I still can use a lot of practice. I also need to perfect the breakfast crepe recipe. I feel like it's lacking in flavor. Oh my gosh! I need to put in some sugar! What was wrong with me that day? I can't believe I forgot to put sugar. Other than that it was okay. I think I should also change the sausage links. I want to use big smoked sausage links instead. I can't wait to serve it in the church this Sunday! I just hope they love it. The breakfast crepe is going to be nice and sweet, wrapped around scrambled eggs with cheese and sausages. It will be topped with confections sugar. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment